Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Robyn's Björk Tribute



I have to start by saying no one can cover Björk well. It's impossible. Her crazy voice and the demons in her head make it so. I've heard a whole album of covers, and they all sucked donkey dick. The only other one I've enjoyed is "All Is Full of Love" by Death Cab for Cutie. And that's probably because the original is one of my favorite songs. Robyn's version here is. . . passable. She has a good voice, but of course it is nothing compared to Björk's psychotic elf version. That being said, I have a few comments:

a)Robyn, honey, I love you, girl, but get yourself some toothpaste.
b)I love how Björk looks absolutely UNBOTHERED (and for good reason).
c)I can't decide if Robyn's outfit is atrocious, fantastic, or both.

1 comment:

  1. Wow she looks like a slightly melted baby boy doll.

    Covering Bjork is a horrible idea and the ONLY way to succeed is if you actually have your own personality and style and just do it your own way. Most people are NOT actually cool and don't understand this, so they can fuggoff.

    ReplyDelete